My fellow blogger La Diva delle Curve had this great idea and set up some questions to answer so our readers have a better idea of our fashion stylo! Enjoy!
TAG: My plus size fashion style
- Height: 5’7
- clothing size: U.S 16-18 or XL-1x
- shoe size: 9 1/2
- body shape (apple, pear, hourglass, banana or strawberry?): I’m an hourglass, larger upper arms, small waist, wide hips and thighs
- favorite clothing item: jeans
- clothing item you cannot stand: ew I agree on the bottom wide capris
- favorite accessories: belts, bracelets, big earrings
- skirt or pants? As much as I say I like both, I tend to wear pants.
- do you wear jeans? if so what style and cut you prefer? I love jeans, usually dark wash bootcut or skinnys
- body part I like to enhance: bust and waist
- body part I try to hide: the tummy and thighs
- colors I like to wear: Purple and black, and grey.
- what fashion trend you think you cannot rock for your body type? Low waisted pants and tummy revealing clothes
- What fashion trend I think I can rock best? I get complimented when I wear dark washed jeans and bright tops.
- Heels or not? I like wearing heels and love wedges. I do wear flats to work, ballet style are my favorite
- Do you wear swimsuit? If so, what’s your favourite style? I usually wear a bikini top and shorts
- favorite lingerie style? I love vintage style lingerie, waist cinchers and girdles, those are the most flattering for my body type, but they tend to be pricey
- my personal style (bohemian, romantic, rock, casual, sporty, retro, classic, any other? or what mix of these?): i’m a rocker/classic/vintage
- favorite plus size icon: Mia Tyler and Adele
- favorite plus size model: Ashley Graham
- favorite curvy fashion blogger: Girl with Curves
- Where do you usually shop for clothes most? Online I shop mostly at Torrid.com, or Old Navy and City Chic Online
- Places where you usually shop for shoes? The clearance rack at DSW or Nordstrom Rack, sometimes Macys when they have a great sale
- Places where you usually shop for lingerie? Fredericks of Hollywood has a lot of plus size lingerie at great prices.
- Do you prefer to shop for clothes online or in shops? I like both, online there is a larger choice for a plus size, but sometimes when you get it, the fit isn’t right, so you learn as you go.
- when you choose clothes what do you go for mostly, the looks or comfort? Comfort, but not to the point where its a shapeless frock, I make sure the fit still compliments my body.
- when choosing clothes what do you go for mostly, quality or convenience? I think that if it’s a passing fad, you can go for convenience. However, for staple pieces that I intend to keep for years, I go for quality.
- what sort of relationship do you have with your body and with fashion? It’s a love/hate thing sometimes, but I definitely think that I have found my style and have figured out what compliments my shape. There are things I wish I could wear that, once on, won’t make me feel good, but then there are times where I bend the rules a bit when a particular item makes me feel happy to wear, and that’s the point really, to feel good in your clothes.